Update 1641327568214 for filtering https://forum.legendapp.com/d/343-new-filtering-system:
- Fix: Indenting an item after an item hidden by filters was moving it to the end of its own parent
pri:low only show in advanced,
date:any was missing from non-advanced
Revamped the system locking filter matches (the thing that keeps items in view while editing them and for a period after they change) which includes:
- Fix: Focusing away from item was not always re-running filters
- Change: The delay before hiding non-matches is now global rather than per item, so they will hide after a 1.5 second of inactivity and hopefully feel more intuitive
- Change: It now shows a dashed border instead of fading out, which felt too similar to being completed? Is this better or is faded better?
Question: Should locking matches work differently? Please respond in the filtering thread. It could:
- Not automatically hide them, but show a button at the top of the pane with the number of items no longer matching. Clicking it (or a hotkey) would re-run the filters and hide non-matching items.
- Show a button/progress bar of the countdown before hiding them
- Fade out for 1.5 seconds (or a different amount of time) before disappearing