Reports are being tagged with priority and severity etc., and voted on, and everyone should continue to do that. But I thought it might also be helpful to hear from people what their wishlists are for top bugs to be fixed or features to be added. It doesn’t have to be five - what changes are pressing and important for you? What do you use Legend for mainly? What are the things you love most?
If a bug or feature you’re mentioning hasn’t been reported in the respective forums yet, please do so, and then provide a link here.
Why I use Legend:
I’m using Legend to replace my old desktop-only outliner, mainly as a note-taking system or personal wiki. I’ve mostly used Things 3 for my task manager / to-do list, though I’ve been trying that out in Legend since it has a mobile app. I don’t have Google or Outlook accounts, and never will, so the e-mail and calendar integration isn’t useful to me.
Top feature requests:
- Support embedded line breaks - this is the main roadblock preventing me from importing my hundreds of pages of previous notes from my old outliner, which have embedded line breaks. It seems like it might not be difficult to implement, and several other people have requested it too.
- Import to a local file - this is the second roadblock for me to fully switch over to Legend.
- Alternative/editable link text for internal links - to enable more natural hypertext.
- Hide annoying info popups - some method to hide “click to expand” and “are you sure” popups etc., after I’ve seen them nine hundred times.
- Various bugs in the mobile app, some have been pretty bad. I’ll try to update with more details. If there wasn’t a mobile app, I wouldn’t be using Legend…
- Mirroring bugs. Jay has been working on this a lot recently, and there are already big improvements. Mirroring is a really powerful thing, and I’m eager to make more use of it.
- Various bugs where text being typed goes somewhere other than where the cursor is…
Things I love:
- End-to-end encryption and local files - because nobody needs to read my notes but me, unless I invite them to.
- Import/export OPML, including creation dates - because I’ve been using outliners for a long time. Also, the fact that Jay added the creation date feature I requested…
- Syncs to a mobile app.
2021-10-15 - changed info about mirroring bugs, added mobile bugs.